245XR Tracked Excavator
The latest addition to our highly acclaimed JCB X Series.
Our engineering teams have once again produced a new world-class excavator. A JCB tracked excavator that boasts a reduced slewing radius, without any compromise on cab space or performance. The result is another machine in the X SERIES to be taken seriously.
The 245XR has reduced tailswing which maximises its potential to perform safely in tight and congested environments such as modern highways and housing developments.
- The 245XR JCB tracked excavator has a tailswing radius of 1.72m, 40% less than the 220X, allowing it to work safely against buildings and road barriers.
- The short front swing and reduced tailswing give a working radius reduction of 1.6m, compared to the 220X.
- It can work in a smaller area than the 220X, providing great comfort and power in a compact footprint.
Despite having reduced tailswing, the 245XR features the JCB CommandPlus cab, one of the biggest, most comfortable and easy-to-operate cabs on the market.
- Customer-led control layout, with operator feedback contributing to the design.
- Double cushion viscous mounts reduce vibration and cab noise to 69dB(A).
- Seat-mounted joystick and switch controls move with the operator.
- Bluetooth radio is fully integrated into the control screen.
It's taken 4 years of hydraulic, electronic and electrical development to build you a machine that doesn't just look strong, it is strong.
- Our DIESELMAX engines are proven in 70 different machines globally.
- Machine shaker rig testing replicated 15,000 hours of tracking and vibration.
- 30,000 window and door operation tests prove component quality.
- Hot and cold climate testing (55°C to -30°C) in locations around the world.
EXTRAORDINARY ATTENTION TO DETAIL
The 245XR reduced tail swing excavator utilises state-of-the-art automotive-style production facilities to bring you not just great excavators, but exceptional ones.
- The whole design is optimised to protect the machine; side bay doors are set back from the counterweight face and the right hand platform corner sits within the slew radius to prevent damage and scratching.
- Recessed counterweight design protects the rear end from impact damage.
- 1,232 validation checks are performed to replicate real-life applications.
- Robot welding of dig end and undercarriage ensures quality and accuracy.
Proven Japanese components deliver precise, efficient control, while customisable electro-proportional controls allow operators to set their preference of speed and control of attachments.
- A power boost button increases pressure to provide extra tearout.
The 245XR hydraulic excavator features the latest generation valve block for greater efficiency and productivity, whilst delivering class-leading control.
- Factory fitted HBCVs makes the machine ready for lifting operations.
- Optional bucket HBCVs are available for fork use.
HVO offers the potential for reduced carbon emissions in the short term.
Hydro treated Vegetable Oil (HVO) is available as a drop-in fuel for a wide range of JCB engines and can lower carbon emissions as long as an environmentally sustainable supply can be assured.Find Out More Here
FIND A DEALER NEAR YOUR LOCATION.
Featuring our CommandPlus cab, the JCB X Series is stronger, more durable, more productive, and more comfortable than any JCB tracked excavators before.
Check stock and reserve your genuine JCB machine online today.
Our vision from the start was to design and engineer our most advanced tracked excavator range ever. The new JCB 13-15 tonne machines sit perfectly alongside their new highly acclaimed 20 tonne big brother.
A leading demolition and groundworks specialist has bought four of the first of JCB’s brand new Stage V 245XR tracked excavators.
There are various questions surrounding HVO that need clarification. Is it safe? Can I use it in my equipment? What are the benefits? Find all the answers you need to make an informed decision.
Innovation. That's what JCB has been delivering for over 75 years. Now we're working on hydrogen combustion engines, so that our agricultural and construction machinery can be net zero on carbon emissions.