TM420 ARTICULATED TELESCOPIC HANDLER
ARTICULATED TELESCOPIC HANDLER
The JCB TM420 articulated telescopic handler is powerful, rugged and engineered to deliver the strength, versatility and performance necessary for maximum lift capacity and breakout force.
The TM420 has a maximum lift height of 17 ft 8 in (5.4 m) and 10 feet (3 m) of forward reach.
- Maximum Lift Height 17 ft 8 in (5.4 m)
- Gross Engine Power 145 hp (108 kW)
- Maximum Lift Capacity 8,500 lb (3,900 kg)
The JCB TM420 Agri articulated telehandler features a Tier 4 Final-compliant, 4.8 liter JCB EcoMAX engine that produces 145 hp (108 kW) and 413 ft-lb (560 Nm) of torque with variable geometry turbo.
- The engine requires no diesel particulate filter (DPF), for simplified servicing and reduced operating costs.
- Increased performance at low engine speeds, results in high levels of power and torque at low revs, providing impressive fuel economy and performance.
- Load-sensing hydraulics conserve fuel by only consuming power on demand.
- Optional Auto SmoothRide System (SRS) engages at speeds above 2.5 mph (4 kph) and improves load retention when travelling at speed on roads and fields.
COMFORT AND EASE OF USE
The spacious cab on the TM420 articulated telehandler features the new JCB HVAC system to keep operators comfortable and focused for longer, with a 3-speed fan / heater.
- Boom end damping on boom lift and extend/retract and bucket dump functions helps reduce shock to the operator and the machine itself.
- An LED screen on the dash provides operators with useful information such as efficient running, fuel remaining, fuel used since last fill, and current average fuel consumption figures.
- Backlit switches ensure quick and accurate control recognition, even in the dark.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
A cast rear counterweight helps prevent impact damage; recessed rear lights are mounted above the counterweight for added protection.
- The low boom profile and low boom pivot provide for superb forward visibility.
- In-cab electric two stage quick hitch isolation protects against accidental release of attachments.
- Our optional rear-view camera displays an unobstructed rearward view on the in-cab color monitor onboard your TM420. A reverse alarm is fitted as standard to the JCB TM420 to alert bystanders.
- JCB’s optional Smoothride System (SRS) ensures maximum load retention and operator comfort.
The TM420’s intelligent in-cab display performs daily checks, including coolant level and engine oil level.
- Extended greasing intervals of up to 500 hours helps maximize uptime.
- Diesel and DEF tanks have built-in pre-filters to guard against dirt and contaminants and are convenient to fill from ground level.
- Engine oil, hydraulic oil and fuel filters are centrally located for easy servicing. The air filter is easily accessed too, and its double-element design simplifies cleaning.
- Self-lubricating boom wear pads and dry boom lubrication provides virtually maintenance-free operation.
QUALITY, RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY
The TM420 has undergone stringent testing including high stress loading of the chassis, boom and other key components, as well as repeated transmission use over thousands of typical agricultural work cycles.
- The centrally mounted lift, tilt and extension rams eliminate boom twisting and are held in place by centrally-mounted keyhole castings for even greater structural integrity.
- JCB makes its own hydraulic cylinders, cabs, axles, transmissions, chassis, boom and engines – all designed to work in perfect harmony for optimum reliability.
- A heavy-duty chassis and boom construction provides ultimate strength and reliability.
- A heavy-duty center joint takes both vertical and horizontal loadings for maximum durability and rigidity.