JCB backhoe loaders are versatile machines that combine excellent trenching, excavating, loading, lifting and material handling capabilities with the benefits of a single machine that is easy to maintain and simple to operate.
Today, more than 65 years after JCB pioneered the backhoe loader in 1953, the company remains the world leader in backhoe technology, innovation and capability. JCB backhoe loaders are the most popular and most trusted in the world, with JCB selling as many backhoes around the globe as all other manufacturers combined.
In addition to a 2-year/2,000-hour bucket-to-bucket warranty, JCB backhoe loaders set the standard for five crucial attributes by which all other backhoe brands are measured:
- Productivity – Owners of JCB backhoe loaders benefit from more than 65 years of JCB innovation to maximize productivity and uptime. All JCB machines are powered by engines that are Tier 4 Final-compliant and require no DPF (74-horsepower (55kW) models also require no DEF) and produce impressive bucket breakout force and pushing power, as well as lifting capacity.
- Versatility – In addition to excellent trenching, excavating, lifting and loading abilities, JCB backhoe loaders accept a diverse range of JCB and off-brand attachments for virtually limitless versatility. Additionally, with seven JCB backhoe models, ranging in size from the industry’s only compact and highly maneuverable 3CX COMPACT to the industry’s largest backhoe, the 4CX-15 SUPER, there is a JCB machine well matched to the needs of every application, job site and operator.
- Comfort – JCB backhoes are designed to minimize operator fatigue and enable greater productivity. Not only do JCB machines boast some of the most spacious and comfortable cabs on the market but, once inside, the operator will find that JCB’s ergonomically-designed controls are all within easy reach. Additionally, joystick excavator controls are smooth to operate and provide excellent feel to the hydraulic system.
- Safety – The safety of equipment operators and others on the jobsite is of paramount importance to JCB and the owners of JCB machines. As safety begins with visibility, JCB backhoes feature the best all round visibility for the operator of any backhoe on the market. Other safety attributes are prevalent throughout the JCB backhoe range and are typically incorporated into the machine design itself. For example, all maintenance is done at ground level, to reduce the risk of a fall. Access and entry is designed for optimal operator security. Warning systems ensure stabilizers are stowed properly. Indeed, the full list of safety features is truly impressive.
- Serviceability – JCB machines feature simplified daily checks and maintenance requirements. All routine servicing, including greasing and refueling, is easily and safely performed at ground level. On full-sized JCB backhoes, daily checks are performed automatically upon key-on by JCB’s innovative AutoCHECK system which automatically reviews eight under-the-hood checkpoints and provides a green light to start working. All JCB backhoes also feature an easy-to-open, one-piece hood and easy access to the radiators, battery and isolator.