406 Agri Wheel Loader
406 AGRI WHEEL LOADER
The JCB 406 Agri is a highly productive compact wheel loader with optimal power-to-weight ratio.
Its compact dimensions and low height over cab combine with a pivot-steer design and articulated chassis to provide incredible manoeuvrability and the tightest of turning circles. This makes the 406 Agri indispensible for working in restricted spaces and buildings.
JCB and Kohler have produced the ultimate compact wheel loader engine.
- There are several axle options available including open diffs for for hard ground and limited slip differentials for soft, muddy terrain.
- The 100% switchable front axle diff lock option provides ultimate traction on mud and creates no shear forces, so won't damage the ground when it's not in use.
- Hydrostatic drive makes the 406 very easy to operate even for the inexperienced.
QUALITY, RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY.
At JCB, we understand that a wheel loader is a key part of any on-site process.
- We’ve used only the very finest engine, driveline and axle components on the 406 wheel loader, from suppliers like DANA and Bosch.
- The 406 benefits from a strong chassis and the best possible weight distribution; this allows for optimal absorption of external forces.
- Rear lights are recessed within the solid counterweight casting for impact protection.
COMFORT AND EASE OF USE.
JCB compact wheel loaders like the 406 Agri are designed to make work more straight forward.
- The JCB 406 wheel loader has a comfortable and spacious cab with noise levels lower than our outgoing model.
- The tilting telescopic steering column is easy to adjust, and all instruments needed to operate this loading shovel are within easy reach of the seat.
- Ergonomically designed joystick control system provides comfortable and intuitive operation.
A wheel loader needs to spend as much time as possible hard at work.
- Large single piece bonnet ensures quick and convenient access to the engine bay and cooling pack.
- All daily check points are easily accessed under the bonnet.
- Simple analogue in-cab display provides running hours, fuel status and error alerts.
SAFETY AND SECURITY.
Because safety and security are paramount on any site, the JCB 406 Agri is designed to protect its operators, themselves, and any bystanders at all times.
- The JCB 406 wheel loader can be equipped with a new immobiliser option, which can help prevent thefts from your fleet.
- Access steps are complemented by well positioned handles so that operators have three points of contact whenever they’re entering or exiting the JCB 406’s cab.
- The sloping rear bonnet provides an unimpeded view, with the exhaust silencer and air intake filter both packaged out of sight.
Find a dealer near your location.
JCB maintenance services to help you run efficiently, reduce costs, and minimise any downtime – so you can keep doing what you do best.
Innovation. That's what JCB has been delivering for over 75 years. Now we're working on hydrogen combustion engines, so that our agricultural and construction machinery can be net zero on carbon emissions.
Looking after the planet we help to shape. Our journey to make our business and our machines more sustainable is something we’re proud of.
There are various questions surrounding HVO that need clarification. Is it safe? Can I use it in my equipment? What are the benefits? Find all the answers you need to make an informed decision.
It was always our intention to build our own diesel engines and that dream became a reality in 2004. From then on, it was all about continuous improvement and making our engines as fuel-efficient as possible, while reducing harmful emissions.