JCB 220X Tracked Excavators
A machine to be taken seriously. A machine to be trusted.
Our vision from the start was to design and engineer our most advanced 20 tonne tracked excavator. In fact, our best ever. Listening to customer demands, our engineering teams have obsessed over every minute detail of this world-class JCB track excavator. Using automotive quality materials and proven components, our design is both rugged and refined.
We wanted to build a machine that doesn't just look strong, it is strong. Thanks to 4 years of development and thousands of hours of extreme testing, that's what we've done.
- Machine shaker rig testing to replicate 15,000 hours of tracking and vibration.
- 30,000 window and door operation tests prove component quality.
- Hot and cold climate testing (55°C to -30°C) in controlled conditions and locations around the world.
- The JCB 220X DIESELMAX engine has been tested to 110,000 hours in 70 different machines across the toughest environments.
With a spacious cab, low noise levels, and double cushion mounts, this machine prioritises a comfortable ride for every operator.
- Spacious JCB 220X CommandPlus cab features an industry-leading Grammer seat as standard.
- Double cushion viscous mounts helps deliver a low in-cab noise of 67dB(A).
- Powerful HVAC, with 11 vents, provides optimum performance in hot an cold environments.
EXPERIENCE GREATER PERFORMANCE
We know you want peace of mind that your machine will perform in even the most extreme conditions. So, we've invested years of research and development, listening to thousands of customers like you to build a machine that does just that.
- Best-in-class productivity with a massive 15,200 kgf bucket tear out.
- The hydraulic pipes and hoses have large diameters for increased productivity and efficiency.
- Auto-stop and auto-idle features help provide additional fuel savings of up to 5%.
4 years of hydraulic development combined with proven Japanese components have delivered the very best balance of controllability and efficiency.
- Customisable proportional controls allow the operator to set their preference of speed and control of attachments. Proven to deliver precise and efficient control.
- The boom float feature allows for smooth grading along hard surfaces and improves breaker efficiency by applying the correct amount of pressure.
- Perfect for tough conditions, the power boost button increases pressure by up to 10% for up to 9 seconds for extra tear out.
HVO offers the potential for reduced carbon emissions in the short term.
Hydro treated Vegetable Oil (HVO) is available as a drop-in fuel for a wide range of JCB engines and can lower carbon emissions as long as an environmentally sustainable supply can be assured.Find Out More Here
Find a dealer near your location.
Featuring our CommandPlus cab, the JCB X Series is stronger, more durable, more productive, and more comfortable than any JCB tracked excavators before.
Our vision from the start was to design and engineer our most advanced tracked excavator range ever. The new JCB 13-15 tonne machines sit perfectly alongside their new highly acclaimed 20 tonne big brother.
Check stock and reserve your genuine JCB machine online today.
TV celebrity Richard Hammond got behind the controls of two of the world’s most innovative machines manufactured for the construction and agricultural industries.
Innovation. That's what JCB has been delivering for over 75 years. Now we're working on hydrogen combustion engines, so that our agricultural and construction machinery can be net zero on carbon emissions.
There are various questions surrounding HVO that need clarification. Is it safe? Can I use it in my equipment? What are the benefits? Find all the answers you need to make an informed decision.