THE JCB POLEMASTER+.
When the lines are down and the power is off, the JCB 4CX Polemaster+ will be in the vanguard of your operation. Providing a safe, fast and efficient solution for utility pole replacement in one machine.
- Max. Engine Power 81kW
- Max. Loader Capacity 4,378kg
- Max. Dig depth 5.53m
SAFETY AND SECURITY.
The JCB Polemaster+ Backhoe Loader is capable of delicate tasks like threading poles between lines and moving them in confined spaces.
- During the planting stage, the pole is mechanically secured by the Rotaclaw so there's no need for a banksman to manually manoeuvre it into the hole. This is a much safer, more controlled procedure than traditional slung methods.
- Hose burst check valves (HBCVs) are fitted to the boom, dipper, bucket and Rotaclaw. This is a critical safety feature when you’re planting poles weighing over half a tonne.
- JCB’s LiveLink telematics system allows you to track your fleet so if a machine is stolen, it can be recovered swiftly. Its ringfencing feature allows you to prevent machines from working outside their designated areas.
VERSATILITY IS KEY.
A high specification as standard not only makes the Polemaster+ the ideal solution for pole planting, but opens the machine up to a wide range of jobs and maximises resale value.
- A JCB 6-in-1 shovel allows you to use your Polemaster+ for non-pole planting tasks without switching attachments. It’s a perfect tool for site stripping or preparing a compound.
- As with any backhoe loader, lifting tasks are easily done: the front-mounted flip over forks make light work of palletised loads, while the lifting kit on the rear excavator can be used as a crane for handling objects.
- The 9m handheld tool circuit reel can power hydraulic tools for a huge range of tasks, removing the need for a portable power pack.
- Choose from three steering modes: four-wheel steer offers ultimate backhoe manoeuvrability; crab steer minimises ground damage; and two-wheel steer provides efficient, safe roading.
The Polemaster+ Backhoe has ergonomic seat-mounted excavator-style controls.
- There’s storage aplenty in the cab. Work tools are easy to store, the operator environment is well-organised and, on A/C models, there’s an in-cab cool box for food and drinks.
- For added comfort and reduced material spillage, JCB’s SmoothRide System acts as a shock absorber for the bucket during travel.
- You can count on efficient, safe braking power with only minimal pedal effort.
MADE FOR THE JOB
Use the JCB Polemaster+ rotaclaw attachment to lift utility poles easily. Then transport up to two poles on the specifically designed Backhoe Loader outriggers.
- Once in position, you can use the Polemaster+’s Rotaclaw bucket to dig out an existing pole. You can then place it safely on the ground with the Rotaclaw.
- Using the Rotaclaw to hold a 450mm diameter flight and a 10,000Nm torque auger, you can prepare a new hole with ease. You can then place the auger on the floor without moving your backhoe.
- Next, pick up a new pole from the outriggers. Rotaclaw’s variable geometry allows you to pick up poles of up to 15m in length without causing damage. However, there’s still ample pressure to safely move the pole.
- Finally, manoeuvre the pole; with over 93° of rotation, and 180° slew, you can move a pole into any position. Control is very precise so there’s a reduced risk of hitting obstacles.
- After a pole is planted, use the handheld tool circuit to power things like tampers to complete a job. Based on the JCB 4CX backhoe loader, the Polemaster+ can then drive straight to the next location, minimising ground damage.
ON THE MOVE
The Polemaster+ is fully road legal and can travel at up to 40 km/h.
- It’s fitted as standard with an 81kW JCB EcoMAX engine with Torquelock, offering you a large working radius.
- With four-wheel drive, four-wheel steer and optional 600mm low ground pressure tyres, this loader can access any work site easily with minimal ground damage.
- No competitor machine offers operator visibility to match the new Polemaster+. There’s a clear 360° view all around the machine to the whole working area. The rear window also opens easily for good communication with colleagues.
- Auto Boomlock holds the boom in a secure position when the excavator isn’t being used. This improves safety during roading.
- A stabiliser warning system alerts operators if the stabilisers on your backhoe aren’t fully retracted when the machine is moving.