Designed to place heavy loads with ease and precision, the 514-56 is one of our largest capacity telescopic handlers. This easy-to-operate telescopic handler is equipped with low effort servo controls that are arranged in a pattern style most operators are accustomed to.
The 'low effort' doesn't just stop at operating the machine - with proven reliability and easy access to the side mounted engine for daily checks, this machine is one of the easiest to maintain on the market.
A SLICK OPERATION
For ergonomic, fast and precise control JCB telescopic handler are fit with a fully proportional twin lever or an optional single lever. This makes them exceptionally intuitive for telehandler operators to use.
- New instruments and a 3.5” color TFT screen form an intuitive automotive-style layout in the telescopic handler cab. To create the perfect driving position, opt for the easily adjustable tilting telescopic steering column.
- All-around visibility is excellent courtesy of direct glazing, large roof screen and low engine bay, while backlit switches are crystal clear even in the dark.
- The telescopic handler hood isn’t purely cosmetic; the cooling fan airflow is now angled upwards, reducing dust build-up. Standard-fit JCB fenders provide superior protection from dirt and spray.
- Choose an operator environment to suit your climate: fully glazed or canopy (mesh is available instead of side glass on canopy builds). The exterior top door slam latch is new – you can now close the upper door from outside.
- The 7-speed fan heater creates the most comfortable, productive operator environment. Optional air conditioning is perfect for work sites in hotter climates.
- On bright days, a telescopic handler’s standard-fit tinted cab glass will reflect 30% of the sun’s energy for enhanced operator comfort.
A SOUND INVESTMENT
By producing high levels of power and torque even at engine speeds as low as 1,300-1,400rpm, a JCB telescopic telehandler’s EcoMAX engine can provide great responsiveness and fuel-efficient matching of transmission and hydraulics.
- All telescopic handlers are products of the latest JCB Efficient Design program, meaning that you can expect significant fuel savings over our Tier 3 models.
- Your engine can be de-emmissionized to run on lower-grade fuels, which means your telescopic handler can be resold across many different territories (where legislation permits), with a corresponding boost to residual values.
- A 3.5” color TFT screen on the dash provides operators with useful information for efficient running, like fuel remaining, fuel used since last fill, current average fuel consumption figures, DEF level and current warnings.
- These telehandlers have a precise high speed double boom chain extension system to maximize job site efficiency.
- You’ll find that a JCB telescopic handler is a great asset in many respects, not least financially – huge global demand, plus legendary productivity, plus superb build quality equals maximum resale value.
LESS SERVICING, MORE SERVICE
Many competitor machines require a diesel particulate filter (DPF) to meet Tier 4 Final legislation. Instead, a JCB telescopic handler uses a sealed-for-life SCR system. Among numerous benefits is the fact that there’s no loss of productivity due to DPF regeneration.
- All daily checks and greasing can be carried out at ground level on a JCB telescopic handler. For fast, easy inspection of 3 sides of the engine, there’s a large, wide service bay, accessed by a gas-assisted engine hood.
- To aid cold starting, twin batteries are fit as standard to our telehandlers; these are protected by a hinged door that offers easy access, yet has locking bolts for security.
- It’s easy to fill both the diesel and DEF tanks from ground level. Both tanks also have built-in pre-filters in the filler necks to guard against dirt and contaminants.
- A dry lubricant system makes JCB telescopic handler wear pads extremely durable, with service intervals of 500 hours.
- The filters on a telescopic handler (engine oil, hydraulic oil and fuel) are centrally located for fast, easy servicing. The air filter is easily accessible, and its double-element design simplifies cleaning.
SAFE AND SECURE
For quick, easy and safe access, JCB telescopic handler operators have three points of contact at all times when getting into and out of the machine with low access and a single step.
- Hose burst check valves on these telehandlers’ rams prevent collapse in the event of a hose failure.
- A JCB telescopic handler has excellent rearward visibility; the high boom profile and pivot, meanwhile, give operators a good view underneath the boom.
- There’s a full set of side and rear-view mirrors for all-around visibility and safety compliance. A reverse alarm is a standard feature on all JCB telehandlers.
- To keep your telescopic handler operators safe at all times, the full cab or canopy are both ROPS and FOPS certified.
- JCB’s innovative boom chain system uses large chains for added peace of mind; all chains are even doubled.
STRENGTH AND DURABILITY
A JCB telescopic handler is fit with a tough inverted U-shaped boom pressing with fully welded closing plates. For extra strength, we’ve reduced the number of joints and stress points across our integrated boom nose and one-piece closing plate.
- The boom is mounted low in the chassis, providing a rigid structure and maximum over-the-shoulder visibility. Hoses are routed through the boom for maximum protection, while boom overlaps of up to 3.2ft ensure ultimate strength and durability.
- Side-mounted,recessed engine hoods and fold-up rear lights are designed to avoid on-site damage to your telescopic handler. For comprehensive long-term corrosion protection, we dip the cab in electrophoretic alloy before painting it.
- The JCB telescopic handler range’s stringent testing program has included prolonged high stress loading of the chassis, boom and other key components, as well as repeated transmission use over thousands of cycles.
- The Tier 4 Final engine builds on the proven success of the JCB EcoMax platform. Since the start of the engine program we have achieved over 200,000 hours of testing across the toughest applications and environments.
- Every JCB telehandler benefits from a one-piece fully welded chassis which maximizes strength and minimizes weight. Opt for front and top screen roof guards to increase protection from falling objects.
- At JCB, we make our own hydraulic cylinders, cabs, axles, transmissions and engines – all designed to work in perfect harmony for optimum reliability.
- JCB telescopic handlers boast 500hrs extended service intervals and simplified maintenance procedures, and with our worldwide dealer network you have a ‘one stop shop’ for parts and service.
- Our telescopic handlers also remain highly desirable long after their initial purchase. So much so that, throughout the world, JCB telescopic handlers can boast premium residual values.