940 Rough Terrain Forklift
ROUGH TERRAIN FORKLIFTS
The 16,524lb (7,500kg) JCB 940 RTFL is powered by our highly efficient 74hp (55kW) EcoMAX engine and has a 8,000lbs (3,629kg) lift capacity.
It has several mast options ranging from 15ft (457cm) to 22ft (670cm) so you can tailor your 940 RTFL to the perfect lift height.
- Maximum Engine Power 74 hp <br> 55 kW
- Maximum Lift Height 15/22ft 457/670cm
- Maximum Lift Capacity 8,000lbs 3,629kg
A QUALITY PROCESS
The one-piece fully welded chassis on a JCB forklift maximizes strength and minimizes weight, while axles are the same heavy-duty units we fit to our backhoe loaders and telehandlers.
- Like every JCB machine, our rough terrain forklifts are put through a stringent testing program which includes prolonged high stress loading of the chassis, mast and other key components, as well as repeated transmission use over thousands of cycles.
- Our rough terrain forklift hydraulic cylinders have friction-welded eye-ends for extra strength, plus all pivots use hardened pins. Masts are made from heavy-duty channel and I-section steel, alongside heavy-duty chains and guide roller bearings that are sealed for life.
Visibility is excellent, courtesy of direct glazing, fold-back rear doors, a low hood, high cab mounting position, a large roof screen, a slim line outer mast section, and large front and rear windshields.
- The large, spacious cab of a JCB rough terrain forklift boasts left and right grab handles with wide-opening doors; standard-fit tinted glass which reflects 30% of solar energy; and a new 3-speed heater fan for improved demisting/de-icing of the windshield.
- For all-day productive comfort, we offer both suspension and air suspension seating options that can be adjusted to different operator requirements or tasks. When lifting or placing loads, our optional sideshift carriage makes things even easier.
- A zero tail swing design means that when the rear tire of a JCB forklift has cleared an obstacle on full turn, you can be safe in the knowledge that the rear counterweight will clear it too. This means our machines are ideal for working in confined areas.
EFFICIENT BY DESIGN
Our new, larger high-flow hydraulic pump translates your rough terrain forklift’s power into efficient lifting for increased productivity; cycle times are up to 51% faster.
- JCB’s new 74hp (55kW) high-torque EcoMax engine maximizes both productivity and efficiency. What’s more, EcoMax doesn’t need exhaust after-treatment, so costly heat-resistant lube oils or DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) are unnecessary; in turn, you save on servicing costs.
- Because its peak power and torque are produced at low engine speeds, EcoMax provides fuel-efficient matching of transmission and hydraulics. A simple, robust 4-speed synchromesh transmission helps to achieve a top speed of 18mph (29km/h).
LOW MAINTENANCE, LONG INTERVALS
To keep our rough terrain forklifts productive, we minimize downtime as much as possible; service intervals are therefore long.
- Daily checks and greasing are carried out easily at ground level. All filters (engine oil, fuel, transmission, hydraulic oil and air) are near each other for faster servicing too. The air filter is a cyclonic design that ejects dust and debris by centrifugal force resulting in cleaner air and longer air filter life.
- JCB LiveLink telematics technology offers benefits like real-time data that allows you to monitor and manage machines remotely. You can also monitor any issues and get them resolved swiftly by your JCB dealer, thus boosting productivity throughout the working day.