JS160 Tracked Excavator
The JCB JS160 is in the 17 ton category of our range of heavy tracked excavators.
It’s engineered with exceptional strength, productivity, efficiency, comfort, safety and ease of maintenance.
MAXIMUM PRODUCTIVITY, MINIMUM SPEND
It’s more important than ever to save money and time so it’s just as well that JCB JS160 track excavators are designed to make the most of both.
- Our Tier 4 compliant EcoMax engine produces high torque at low revs for optimal efficiency.
- There’s a massive 97 kN bucket tearout for superb productivity, and the special JS range quickhitch system makes attachment changes fast and easy.
- Auto, Economy, Precision and Lifting modes provide very different optimized settings.
A COMFORTABLE FAVOURITE
We’ve designed the JCB JS160 track excavator to be comfortable, safe, ergonomic, simple and intuitive to operate.
- Cushioned boom and dipperends prevent shock loadings, protect your machine and increase operator comfort, while 6 viscous rubber mounts minimize noise and vibration.
- A 70/30 front windshield split for a clear view of the front right track, plus a large laminated glass roof window provide this 17 ton excavator with exceptional all-around visibility.
- The Advanced Tool Select feature can set up auxiliary hydraulic circuits quickly to match flow and pressure requirements of an attachment.
LESS SERVICING, MORE SERVICE
We’ve designed JCB JS160 track excavators to be low maintenance and easily serviceable. Which makes them affordable, efficient and highly productive.
- The air filter on a JS160 is easily accessible, and a double-element construction simplifies cleaning.
- The engine radiator, hydraulic cooler and intercooler can be serviced individually yet cleaned easily because they're mounted side by side.
THE SAFE CHOICE
ON-SITE SAFETY IS CRUCIAL, SO WE'VE DESIGNED THE JS160 TO INCORPORATE AS MANY CUTTING EDGE SAFEGUARDS AS POSSIBLE.
The JS160's cab is available with an integral Rollover Protection Structure (ROPS) for extra piece of mind.
JCB's Safety Level Lock fully isolates hydraulic functions to avoid unintended movements.
Our 2GO system means a JCB JS160 can only be started in a safe locked position via two separate inputs.
Most Popular Configuration
- Cab with heat and A/C
- Long, narrow undercarriage
- 24-inch steel tracks
- 10-foot monoboom
- Maximum capacity lifting shackle
- Joystick-operated proportional auxiliary hydraulics
- Dipper limiter
- Rear view camera
- Quick coupler pipework
- 42-inch HD bucket