THE LATEST ADDITION TO OUR HIGHLY ACCLAIMED X SERIES.
Our engineering teams have once again produced a new world-class excavator. An excavator that boasts a reduced slewing radius, without any compromise on cab space or performance. The result is another machine in the X SERIES to be taken seriously.
- Max. Engine Power 173hp - 129kW
- Max. Operating Weight 60,184lbs - 28,000kg
- Max. Bucket Capacity 1.63y³ - 1.25m³
THE 245XR HAS REDUCED TAILSWING WHICH MAXIMISES ITS POTENTIAL TO PERFORM SAFELY IN TIGHT AND CONGESTED ENVIRONMENTS SUCH AS MODERN HIGHWAYS AND HOUSING DEVELOPMENTS.
- The 245XR tracked excavator has a tailswing radius of 5ft 8in, 40% less than the 220X, allowing it to work safely against buildings and road barriers.
- The short front swing and reduced tailswing give a working radius reduction of 5ft 3in, compared to the 220X.
- It can work in a smaller area than the 220X, providing great comfort and power in a compact footprint.
DESPITE HAVING REDUCED TAILSWING, THE 245XR FEATURES THE JCB COMMANDPLUS CAB, ONE OF THE BIGGEST, MOST COMFORTABLE AND EASY-TO-OPERATE CABS ON THE MARKET.
- Customer-led control layout, with operator feedback contributing to the design.
- Double cushion viscous mounts reduce vibration and cab noise to 69dB(A).
- Seat-mounted joystick and switch controls move with the operator.
- Bluetooth radio is fully integrated into the control screen.
IT'S TAKEN 4 YEARS OF HYDRAULIC, ELECTRONIC AND ELECTRICAL DEVELOPMENT TO BUILD YOU A MACHINE THAT DOESN'T JUST LOOK STRONG, IT IS STRONG.
- Our DIESELMAX engines are proven in 70 different machines globally.
- Machine shaker rig testing replicated 15,000 hours of tracking and vibration.
- 30,000 window and door operation tests prove component quality.
- Hot and cold climate testing (131°f to -22°f) in locations around the world.
EXTRAORDINARY ATTENTION TO DETAIL
THE NEW 245XR REDUCED TAIL SWING EXCAVATOR UTILIZES STATE-OF-THE-ART AUTOMOTIVE-STYLE PRODUCTION FACILITIES TO BRING YOU NOT JUST GREAT EXCAVATORS, BUT EXCEPTIONAL ONES.
- The whole design is optimised to protect the machine; side bay doors are set back from the counterweight face and the right hand platform corner sits within the slew radius to prevent damage and scratching.
- New recessed counterweight design protects the rear end from impact damage.
- 1,232 validation checks are performed to replicate real-life applications.
- Robot welding of dig end and undercarriage ensures quality and accuracy.
PROVEN JAPANESE COMPONENTS DELIVER PRECISE, EFFICIENT CONTROL, WHILE CUSTOMIZABLE ELECTRO-PROPORTIONAL CONTROLS ALLOW OPERATORS TO SET THEIR PREFERENCE OF SPEED AND CONTROL OF ATTACHMENTS.
- A power boost button increases pressure to provide extra tearout.
- The 245XR hydraulic excavator features the latest generation valve block for greater efficiency and productivity, whilst delivering class-leading control.
Factory fitted HBCVs makes the machine ready for lifting operations.
- Optional bucket HBCVs are available for fork use.