85Z-2 COMPACT EXCAVATOR
Designed to work more, for less.
At JCB, we've been building tracked excavators for over 50 years. Our 85Z compact excavator is product of all this experience and insight, designed to be robust, strong and durable without compromising performance.
We've always believed that a fundamental part of high productivity is a comfy, ergonomic working environment. Consequently, you'll find that cabs and controls on an 85Z are great places to work, even for long stints.
- The cab is incredibly spacious and its large door provides easy, safe access. Inside, you’ll find 6% more space than before, plenty of storage, a phone tray, storage nets and a cup holder. A radio, 12V phone charger, powerful heater with window de-mister and a high performing air conditioning system with 9 vents completes the picture.
- To ensure all-day operator comfort, there’s fully adjustable suspension seating with an optional heated air suspension seat with independent adjustable positions. Switches are ergonomically laid out around a crystal clear informative color LCD display with optional reversing camera.
- The standard electro proportional high flow line has 10 selectable flow rates for total attachment compatibility and seamless operation. A switch in the cab provides easy operation of single or double-acting auxiliary flow.
- The hydraulic valve block is isolated from the chassis by rubber mounts for reduced noise and vibration. It’s also easily accessed beneath the side-opening hood.
- With ergonomic electro-hydraulic dozer control as standard, operators can achieve smooth and precise grading control.
LOW COST OF OWNERSHIP
Our compact excavators are designed to give you more than just great performance and long service life. Machines like the 85Z will also provide ultimate value for money, on and off your jobsites.
- The load-sensing hydraulics on JCB’s 8-tonne excavators only consumes power on demand, conserving fuel for when you need it most.
- The patented near zero pressure return line circuit further improves fuel efficiency as the pump does not need to overcome as high a pressure before any work can be done.
- A unique feature for even greater fuel economy, the engine rpm automatically drops below idle when the operator’s armrest is lifted, reducing noise levels.
- Auto idle can be programmed to activate between 2 and 30 seconds after the controls have been inactive to increase fuel efficiency. With two dig modes (including ECO for maximum efficiency or heavy for maximum productivity) you can tailor performance to suit your application.
- With identical bucket pin geometry to the world leading JCB 3CX backhoe loader, attachments are fully interchangeable.
- Because damage sometimes happen on site, we use flat glass windows throughout, minimizing replacement costs.
JCB’s 85Z is high performance, productive excavator. Peak power and torque.
- The new 8T range has a JCB Diesel by Kohler Tier 4 final compliant engine. This boasts DOC, turbo charging and intercooler. Power is increased to 48kW at just 2200rpm, and there’s 300Nm of torque.
- This engine doesn’t need a diesel particulate filter (DPF), reducing servicing, increasing uptime and improving fuel efficiency.
- Tractive effort and 5kph tracking speeds are class leading, ensuring high dozer capabilities and fast travel times. To increase productivity our auto kickdown motors automatically adapt to changes in terrain increasing productivity and reducing operator fatigue.
A safe site is of paramount importance to any owner: likewise machinery that's easy and fast to service. The 85Z will protect the machinery, operators and bystanders.
- The 85Z cab is ROPS and TOPS compliant with optional Level 1 & 2 FOPS protection. Further optional front windshield guards provide peace of mind for operators, while boom and optional cab work light guards protect vulnerable components in hazardous applications.
- Stability on both machines is best-in-class thanks to a large track frame width and low center of gravity.
- JCB’s safety lever lock fully isolates hydraulic functions to prevent unintended movement. Our unique 2GO system ensures your compact excavator hydraulics can only be operated in a safe, lockable position via two separate inputs. Additionally, the hydraulics can only be activated when the operator is seated and the seatbelt is worn.
- The JCB 85Z has excellent front visibility courtesy of a 70/30 front split windshield. What’s more, there’s a clear view of the front right track for easy, safe trench digging and maneuvering. Overall we have 11% more visibility than prior models.
- With a true zero tail swing design, the 85Z reduces impact risks in tight workspaces. For safer lifting operations optional boom, dozer and dipper hose burst check valves are available.
Most Popular Configuration
- Cab with A/C
- 18-inch rubber tracks
- ISO/SAE controls
- Fabric suspension seat (high back)
- 6-foot 9-inch dipper
- Standard dozer
- Dozer float system
- High- and low-flow double-acting auxiliary hydraulics
- Radio kit
- Thumb-ready dipper