406 WHEEL LOADER
406 WHEEL LOADER
The JCB 406 is a highly productive compact wheel loader with optimal power-to-weight ratio, making it a perfect tool carrier.
This loading shovel also features superior quality components, comfort and ergonomics aplenty, excellent build quality, stringent safety levels and straightforward serviceability.
Fitted with a 36.4 kW engine that produces 170 Nm of torque, powering a 2-speed hydrostatic transmission.
- The 406 loading shovel’s JCB Diesel by Kohler engine offers both potent performance and a low-maintenance mechanical design.
- We offer several axle options on the JCB 406 including open diffs for hard ground and limited slip diffs for soft muddy terrain.
CONTROLLABILITY AND VERSATILITY
From harsh waste environments to the farm and field, the potential industries and applications for JCB 406 wheel loaders are endless.
- There’s further versatility on offer with a large range of attachments and, thanks to our hydraulic quickhitch, the operator doesn’t even have to leave the cab for attachment changes.
- Our pivot steer design makes JCB 406 wheel loaders simple to manoeuvre, while allowing easy and accurate placing of the load.
COMFORT AND EASE OF USE
The JCB 406 wheel loader has a comfortable and spacious cab with noise levels lower than our outgoing model. The operating position is designed for optimum all-round visibility, unhindered by components like silencers.
- Our tilting telescopic steering column is easy to adjust, and all instruments needed to operate this loading shovel are within easy reach of the seat.
- This compact loading shovel is equipped with a new ergonomically designed joystick control system for comfortable and intuitive operation.
- Optional right-hand opening window for increased ventilation.
QUALITY, RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY
DURABILITY We’ve used only the very finest engine, driveline and axle components on the 406 wheel loader, from suppliers like DANA and Bosch
- This loading shovel benefits from a strong chassis and the best possible weight distribution; this allows for optimal absorption of external forces.
- We use state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, finite element analysis and extensive rig testing to achieve the very highest levels of quality. Cold cell testing guarantees starting performance at temperatures as low as -20°C.