JCB Base Engines
OEM ready, engineered package solution.
The development of the DIESELMAX and ECOMAX engine ranges are typical of JCB's reputation for innovation and quality. Focusing on core customer values has resulted in a best-in-class engine for mid-range off-highway equipment. JCB has a unique position where we can offer a base engine for mobile applications with class-leading reliability, long service intervals, high efficiency, and excellent fuel economy.
- Rating 55-212kW
- Peak Torque 440-1150Nm
- Displacement 3.0-7.2L
The Stage V JCB engine is available in models 430 and 448. The Stage V 430 delivers 55kW (74hp) with a class-leading 440Nm (325lb-ft) of torque at just 1,150rpm. Stage V 448 delivers 81kW-129kW (109hp-173hp) with maximum torque of 690Nm (509lb-ft) at 1,500rpm.
- The 430 engine is 24% smaller, 30% lighter but with 10% higher torque output than its Stage 444 predecessor. It also boasts 8% real world fuel saving.
- A new integrated glow plug cold start system is fitted as standard onto the 430 to aid starting at cold temperatures.
- Compact, industrial engines – delivers high torque even at low rpm.
- Compact after-treatment canisters.
Turbocharged Aftercooled Electronic 4-cylinder 4.4 litre engine delivers 55kW (74hp) with maximum torque of 440Nm (325 lb-ft).
- This truly innovative engine solution is designed specifically for heavy duty, off-highway applications.
- Less displacement, same class leading performance.
- US Tier 4 compliant without aftertreatment.
- Low fuel consumption.
Stage IV - Tier 4 - BS IV (UN Equivalent)
The Stage IV engine is avaliable in models 444 and 448. The Stage IV 444, 4-cylinder 4.4 litre engine and 448 4.8 litre engine delivers 68kW-129kW (91hp-173hp) with maximum torque of 690Nm (508lb-ft).
- By working without OEM customers the JCB base engine range has been engineered to be packaged in the most efficient way.
- Tried and tested: proven DIESELMAX heavy duty cylinder block and bedplate.
- Versatile: 45-degree continuous gradient capability.
- Low cost of ownership.
Stage IIIB - Tier 4i - BS IV (UN Equivalent)
The Stage IIIB engine is avaliable in models 444 and 448. The Stage IIIB 444, 4-cylinder 4.4 litre engine and 448 4-cylinder 4.8 litre engine delivers 68kW-129kW (91hp-173hp) with maximum torque of 690Nm (509lb-ft).
- Low friction: innovative bearing and power conversion component design.
- Reduced servicing: automatic valve adjusters and a lifelong CCV system.
- Robust performance: designed for high power and torque outputs.
- Gasket free component sealing arragements.
Stage IIIA - Tier 3 - BS III - CPSB II (UN Equivalent)
The Stage IIIA is avaliable in models 444 and 672. The Stage IIIA 444, 4-cylinder 4.4 litre Turbocharged Aftercooled engine delivers 55kW-120kW (74hp-161hp) maximum torque of 655Nm (483lb-ft). Stage IIIA 672, is a 6-cylinder 7.2 litre engine delivering 165kW-221kW (188hp-284hp) with maximum torque of 1,150Nm (848lb-ft) at 1,500rpm.
- Advanced and highly developed combustion and air handling systems allow the most efficient operation whilst producing ultra-low, in-cylinder emissions.
- Efficient - JCB engines are renowned for fuel economy and productivity.
- The 672 model has a high level of component commonality with the 444 and 448 models.
- Exceptional transient performance- increasing productivity.
Stage II - Tier 2 - BS II CPCB I (UN Equivalent)
The Stage II is avaliable in models 444 and 672. The Stage II 444, 4-cylinder 4.4 litre Turbocharged Aftercooled engine delivers 63kW- 93kW (84hp-125hp) with maximum torque of 525Nm (387lb-ft). Stage II 672, is a 6-cylinder 7.2 litre engine delivering 140kW- 212kW (188hp-284hp) with maximum torque of 1,150Nm (848lb-ft) at 1,400rpm.
- Heavy duty engine with common customer installation interface points across the product family.
- Efficient combustion process gives exceptional fuel economy.
- Gasket free component sealing arrangements.
- Engineered for maximum robustness.