55Z-1 Mini Excavator
55Z-1 COMPACT EXCAVATOR
Choosing a compact excavator just got tougher.
The 5-tonne JCB 55Z-1 mini digger is a zero tailswing configuration machine, facilitating work in tight environments. It's been developed to exceed even your most exacting demands and is one of the strongest and highest performing mini excavators we’ve ever built.
PRODUCTIVITY AND PERFORMANCE
The 5-tonne JCB 55Z-1 mini digger is a zero tailswing configuration machine, facilitating work in tight environments. It's been developed to exceed even your most exacting demands and is one of the highest performing mini excavators we’ve ever built.
- An efficient 2.2 litre Perkins engine delivering 35.7 kW at 2000 rpm.
- Huge dipper tearout forces of up to 29 kN.
- Bucket rotation is a huge 181˚, offering great spoil retention during truck loading.
- The zero tailswing JCB 55Z-1 mini digger is incredibly manoeuvrable even in the most confined spaces.
QUALITY, RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY
The 55Z-1 has been developed to exceed our customers standards, these mini's are both durable and confidence inspiring.
- 100% steel bodywork.
- A large track frame width and low centre of gravity helps the JCB 55Z-1 to offer amazing stability.
- Heavy-duty boom cylinder guards help protect against damage.
- Durable four plate dipper design.
LOW COST OF OWNERSHIP
Ultimately, cost of ownership is perhaps your primary concern as a business. So you'll be pleased to know that the JCB 55Z-1 has been designed to keep running costs as low as possible.
- One touch idle helps preserve fuel.
- Four different power bands for controllable engine speed.
- Load-sensing hydraulics means that your hydraulics only consume power on demand.
- Flat glass throughout minimises replacement costs.
SAFETY AND SERVICEABILITY
The JCB 55Z-1 offers safety as first priority, to the owner, operator, bystanders and the machine itself.
- A wide track frame and low centre of gravity provide best-in-class stability.
- Unique JCB 2GO safety system.
- An overload screen displays a bar chart from green to red, indicating whether the overload point is close or exceeded.
- Long 500 hour greasing intervals.