540-140 Hi Viz
THE JCB 540-140 HI-VIZ IS A MAJOR STEP FORWARD IN TELESCOPIC HANDLER VISIBILITY AND PRODUCTIVITY. IT’S A FULL-SIZED 3-OR-4-STAGE LOADALL WITH A HUGE REACH AND GREAT MOBILITY.
The JCB 540-140 HiViz Loadall telehandler boasts an impressive 4000kg lift capacity, with massive reach capabilities. It’s also designed specifically to maximise safety on site. As the name suggests, our HiViz telescopic handlers offer amazing visibility and are safer for bystanders. What’s more, you can expect unrivalled manoeuvrability, build quality and operator comfort. As with all JCB Construction telescopic handlers, the 540-140 HiViz has unrivalled productivity, efficiency, safety and serviceability as standard too.
- Max. Lift Capacity 4,000kg
- Max. Engine power 93kW
- Max. Lift Height 13.78m
ON-SITE SAFETY IS OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE, SO THE JCB 540-140 HI VIZ CONSTRUCTION LOADALL HAS A WEALTH OF FEATURES DESIGNED TO PROTECT THEMSELVES, THEIR OPERATORS AND ANY BYSTANDERS.
- Our patented load control system and sway frames allows for a safer and more stable load placement, whilst hose burst check valves protect the driver and bystanders in the event of hose failure.
- To protect fellow workers on the job site, a new reversing camera and pulse radar options are now available on selected models.
- The low boom profile and pivot point provide unrivalled rearward visibility to obstacles and on site traffic. A full set of side and rear-view mirrors enhance all-round visibility and safety compliance.
UNRIVALLED COST OF OWNERSHIP
THE 540-140 HI VIZ ISN’T JUST EFFICIENT TO USE – IT’S HUGELY EFFICIENT TO OWN AND OPERATE TOO. WE’VE DESIGNED THESE MACHINES TO GIVE YOU THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT.
- JCB’s innovative Clean Burn technology helps EcoMAX to meet T4F/Stage IV regulations using a sealed-for-life SCR system instead of exhaust after-treatments like DPFs. Benefits include the fact that you don’t have to worry about costly time-consuming DPF regeneration and replacement.
- The 55kW/74hp engine variant fitted to this telehandler will remain free of after-treatment and DEF until 2019. This is achieved by the unique ability to perfectly match all JCB built components for unbeatable performance and efficiency.
- By producing high levels of power and torque even at engine speeds as low as 1300rpm, EcoMAX can provide fuel-efficient matching of transmission and hydraulics.
CLASS-LEADING JCB HYDRAULICS PRODUCE FAST CYCLE TIMES, ENSURING THE MOST EFFICIENT LIFTING, EXTENDING AND PUSHING.
- The 81kW (109hp) and 93kW (125hp) EcoMAX engine options are fitted with a variable speed cooling fan that automatically reacts to ambient temperature, adjusting fan speed for maximum economy and minimum noise. An optional reversing fan can clear dust and debris from your telescopic handler’s cooling system to maintain performance.
- The JCB 540-140 HiViz Construction Loadall telehandler boasts excellent manoeuvrability and fast travel times across site, courtesy of a compact wheelbase and large steering lock angles. With 4WD as standard, you get plenty of traction and performance even in soft, muddy areas. 2WD can be selected to minimise tyre wear and fuel use.
- The JCB EcoMAX T4F engine delivers 75hp (55kW) of power and 400Nm of torque. This is produced at just 1300 rpm, offering you optimum response, as well as improved cycle times and tractive effort.
UNRIVALLED RUNNING TIME
THE 540-140 HI VIZ IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH MAXIMUM UPTIME. OUR MACHINES ARE AS TOUGH AS POSSIBLE, USING TOP QUALITY COMPONENTS AND INNOVATIVE MANUFACTURING PROCESSES.
- Fluid filters (engine oil, hydraulic oil and fuel) are centrally located for fast, easy servicing. The air filter is easily accessible too, and its double-element design simplifies cleaning; yet another reason why JCB Construction Loadalls have best-in-class SAE serviceability ratings.
- All daily checks and greasing on the JCB 540-140 HiViz can be performed at ground level. It’s also easy to fill the diesel and AdBlue tanks from ground level, with both tanks equipped with pre-filters in the filler necks to guard against dirt and contaminants.
- A dry lubricant system means the JCB 540-140 HiViz’s wear pads are extremely durable, with service intervals of 500 hours.
- To prove how good our EcoMAX engines are, we’ve tested them for 110,000 hours in 70 different machines across the toughest applications and environments.
UNRIVALLED SAFETY AND SECURITY
A LOW BOOM PROFILE AND LOW BOOM PIVOT MAKE FOR EXCELLENT REARWARD VISIBILITY ON THE JCB 540-140 HIVIZ LOADALL, LIKEWISE THE FULL SET OF SIDE AND REAR-VIEW MIRRORS. BECAUSE ECOMAX DOESN’T USE A DPF, THE BONNET LINE IS LOWER, IMPROVING BOTH VISIBILITY AND MANOEUVRABILITY.
- In many territories, our Loadall security system is Thatcham-approved. The package comprises a JCB LiveLink telematic GPS vehicle tracker, an immobiliser and a Cesar Datatag.
- The cab is Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) and Falling Objects Protection System (FOPS) certified, so operators are safe at all times. Sway frames enable an operator to make their telehandler absolutely level before commencing lifting.
- To protect bystanders, a reverse alarm is standard-fit on the JCB 540-140 HiViz, and an operator presence switch disables drive when your operator isn’t seated, preventing accidental operation.
- Our factory-fit immobilisers can result in reduced insurance premiums. You can choose whether your immobiliser is operated by a key or a 4-digit code keypad that automatically arms itself after a set period of time following engine shutdown.