JS160 Wheeled Excavator
The JCB JS160W is in the 17 tonne category of our range of heavy wheeled excavators.
It’s engineered with exceptional strength, productivity, efficiency, comfort, safety and ease of maintenance. Our Tier 3 compliant Dieselmax motor is extremely efficient too, because it produces very high torque at low revs.
OPERATOR COMFORT AND SAFETY
We’ve designed JCB JS160W wheeled excavators to be comfortable, safe, ergonomic, simple and intuitive to operate.
- Cushioned boom and dipper ends prevent shock loadings, protect your machine and increase operator comfort, while 6 viscous rubber mounts minimise noise and vibration.
- A 70/30 front screen split for a clear view forwards, plus a large laminated glass roof window provide this 17 tonne excavator with exceptional all-round visibility
- To keep everything under control, JCB JS160W wheeled excavators have a balanced slew and electronic/hydraulic controlled slew braking.
We’ve designed JCB JS160W wheeled excavators to be low maintenance and easily serviceable. Which makes them affordable, efficient and highly productive.
- Bonnets open and close easily with gas-assisted cylinders, and the service bays are large and wide for good access.
- 1000-hour boom and dipper greasing intervals and a 5000-hour oil life provide maximum uptime on these 360 excavators.
- Grease points are centralised on a JS160W 17 tonne excavator too, for safe and easy access to high level pivots. Likewise filters (engine oil, hydraulic oil and fuel).
PRODUCTIVITY AND EFFICIENCY
It’s more important than ever to save money and time so it’s just as well that JCB JS160W wheeled excavators are designed to make the most of both.
- A 105kN bucket tearout makes the JS160W excavator highly productive, and the special JS range quickhitch system makes attachment changing fast and easy.
- Simultaneous moving and excavating is smooth and fast with an intuitive multifunction operation, and four operating work modes allow a JS160W 17 tonne excavator operator to tailor performance to any application. Auto, Economy, Precision and Lifting modes provide very different optimised settings.
A JCB JS160W’s reinforced boom and dipper is made of high tensile strength steel, with single piece wrapper plates and internal baffle plates for long life durability.
- The high-strength undercarriage of a JS160W 17 tonne excavator is of a fully enclosed, fully-welded box section for long-term durability even in the most demanding applications, and the rigid upper frame provides maximum durability and support.
- The turret on JS160W wheeled excavators is then welded to both the upper and lower undercarriage frames, and stiff, durable doors provide further strength.