1. Visiting the Online Pages through mobile devices
JCBI may obtain information through the mobile application of third parties that Users download to, and run on, their mobile devices (“Devices”). Such mobile applications may obtain information from, or access data stored on, Users’ Devices to provide services related to the relevant mobile application. For example, a mobile application may access a camera on a User’s Device to enable the User to upload photographs in relation to the services; access the geographic/current location of a User’s Device using GPS or similar technologies – so that such third party may provide content that is more suitable to Your location; or access contact information on a User’s Device to enable the User to sync contact information between the information that is stored on the User’s Device and the information that is submitted to the services. Information obtained to provide mobile application services may include information obtained in preparation for anticipated updates to those services. Mobile applications may transmit information to and from Devices to provide the mobile application services.
The terms of such third party mobile applications may provide JCBI with information related to Users’ use of the Third Party Pages hosted on such third parties’ mobile application services, information regarding Users’ Devices, and information regarding Users’ interaction at such Third Party Pages, which JCBI may use to provide and improve the Third Party Pages. For example, all actions taken in a mobile application may be logged, along with associated information (such as the time of day when each action was taken). JCBI may also share anonymous data about these actions with third party providers of analytics services. In addition, if a User visits the Third Party Pages or the Website after clicking on a third-party mobile advertisement for the mobile application or for JCBI, the third-party advertiser may provide JCBI with certain information, such as the User’s Device identification information, which JCBI may use to track the performance of its advertising campaigns.
Users may configure the mobile application, and the information accessed or obtained by the mobile application on a User’s Device. The mobile application’s access to information through a User’s Device does not cause that information to be "Customer Data", except to the extent that a User uses the mobile application to submit electronic data and information to such Customer account for purchase of any products then such information constitutes “Customer Data”.
Notices and contractual terms related to a particular mobile application may be found in the relevant terms of service for that application. JCBI encourages you to review the relevant terms of service related to any mobile applications you download, install, use, or otherwise interact with to understand such mobile application’s information practices.
2. Information collected
In general, you can browse the Online Pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, when expressing an interest in participating in the Contest or submitting any information/application for the Contest, JCBI requires you to provide JCBI with personal contact information, including but not limited to your name, address, phone number, and email address (“Required Contact Information”).
3. Use of information collected
The Company uses Data about Users to perform/facilitate the Contest. For example, if you fill out a “contact me” form, the Company will use the information provided to contact you in relation to the Contest.
We use your personal information and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Online Pages to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; measure consumer interest in the services provided by us, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our Terms and Conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze the usage of the Online Pages, to improve the content and product offerings, and customize the content on the Online Pages, layout, and services. These uses improve the Online Pages and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the same.
4. Sharing of information collected: The following are categories of persons to whom we may share your information with from time-to-time. By using the Online Pages you consent to sharing such information with these third parties:
- JCBI Affiliates- The Company may share Data about Users with other affiliates, subsidiaries, joint venture of the JCBI corporate group in order for us to work with them. For example, JCBI may need to share Data about JCBI’s Customers with other companies within the JCB corporate family for customer support, marketing, technical operations and account management purposes. Our parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and joint ventures follow privacy practices no less protective of all users than our practices described in this document, in compliance with applicable law.
- Business Partners- From time to time, JCBI may partner with other companies to jointly offer products, services, or programs (or downloadable content). If you purchase, specifically express interest in, or register for a jointly–offered product, service, or program from or through JCBI, JCBI may share Data about Users collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our partner(s). JCBI does not control our business partners’ use of the Data about the Users that we collect, and their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may opt not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or services.
- Compelled Disclosure - JCBI reserves the right to use or disclose information provided, if required by law or if JCBI reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect its rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
5. International transfer of information collected
Our parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and joint ventures follow privacy practices no less protective of all users than our practices described in this document, in compliance with applicable law.
6. Correcting and updating your information
JCBI may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your information during the duration of the Contest and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your information during the period of time needed for JCBI to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
You may request to review, correct, delete or otherwise modify any of the personal information that you have previously provided to us through the Online Pages. To update your address, and/or request return or deletion of Your Data, please contact email@example.com Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe.
JCBI uses robust security measures to protect Data about Users. All Data is stored in a secure server and is protected against unauthorized access. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, we employ reasonable security practices and procedures and current internet security methods and technologies in compliance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made there under.
8. Discretion and opt out
You agree and acknowledge that You are providing your information out of your free will. You have an option not to provide or permit JCBI to collect Your personal information or later on withdraw Your consent with respect to such personal information so provided herein by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org In such case, You should not visit the Online Pages nor participate in the Contest. Further, neither we nor our authorized service providers may be able to deliver any gift hampers or gifts in connection with the Contest, or JCBI may deny your participation in the Contest.
You can add or update Your personal information on regular basis. Kindly note that JCBI would retain Your previous personal information in its records.
For any queries or support, you may get in touch with our customer support team or mail us at [email@example.com].
JCB India Dealer Websites-