JS140 Tracked Excavator
The JCB JS140 fills the 14-tonne category in our heavy tracked excavators range. It’s designed to be rugged, productive, highly serviceable and safe.
An extremely tough boom and dipper is mounted onto a robust undercarriage, ensuring that the JS140 is fit for the very toughest tasks. To keep downtime to a minimum, we’ve made sure this 360 excavator uses simple, dependable technology for fast, easy servicing and maintenance. This makes it a perfect machine for tough, remote African applications.
- Maximum Engine Power 75kW
- Operating Weight 13,560kg
- Maximum Bucket Capacity 0.72m³
PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY
The hydraulic system on the JS140 is highly efficient in its operation, providing excellent fuel economy. Advanced regenerative load sensing hydraulics only use as much power as they require.
- Two operating modes allow operators of the JS140 tracked excavator to tailor performance to any application. Economy (E) provides fuel savings without sacrificing too much performance, while Productivity (P) is geared to high output levels.
- Auto-idle technology automatically reduces the engine speed of the JS140 tracked excavator when its hydraulics aren’t in use.
- The JS140 tracked excavator’s Cummins 4BT engine produces its peak power and torque at low revs for excellent fuel efficiency and performance.
JCB JS140 tracked excavators have a supremely comfortable operator environment, boasting an all-day-comfy fully adjustable deluxe seat and ergonomically placed controls.
- Ventilation on this JCB tracked excavator is excellent, courtesy of sliding side and rear windows.
- There’s excellent all-round visibility on the JS140, with the distinctive low bonnet line providing excellent rearward visibility while manoeuvring.
- A large laminated glass roof window makes this 360 excavator great for working at height too.
The high-strength undercarriage of JS140 tracked excavators is of a fully welded X-frame construction for long-term durability even in the most demanding applications
- The JS140 tracked excavator has a heavy-duty arm with a reinforced boom joint and bucket joint. There’s also a plate and ribs at the bottom for extra protection.
- We’ve strengthened the top and bottom plates as well as the cylinder mounting area of this JCB hydraulic excavator, guaranteeing long life durability.
- Our optional hard-faced bucket has a Hardox steel face, reinforced hanger plates and a provision for bolt-on side cutters.
By using graphite impregnated bronze bushes, boom and dipper greasing intervals on this tracked excavator are 1000 hours for normal applications.
- Hydraulic oil life on the JS140 tracked excavator is a massive 5000 hours, while the hydraulic filter lasts 1000 hours.
- Basic checks couldn’t be simpler. the low-profile bonnet opens and closes easily, courtesy of gas struts, while routine inspection points are quickly accessible.
- The engine radiator and hydraulic cooler are mounted side by side for efficient servicing and cleaning.