45Z-1 COMPACT EXCAVATOR
For more than 50 years, JCB excavators have been deployed to construction, agricultural, demolition and quarry applications all over the world. Decades of experience ensures that today’s range of JCB compact excavators is one of the most capable on the market.
The 45Z-1 is a rental-ready, next-generation, zero-tail swing compact excavator powered by a JCB Diesel by Kohler Tier-4-Final engine producing 48 hp (36 kW) and 166 ft lb (225 Nm) of torque. With an operating weight of 9,879 lb (4,481 kg) and a transport weight of 9,605 lb (4,357 kg), the 45Z-1 is one of the largest and most powerful compact excavators that can be towed behind a pick-up truck without need for a commercial driver’s license (subject to local regulations).
- Operating Weight 9,879 lb (4,481 kg)
- Max. Dump Height 13 ft 1 in (4 m)
- Max. Dig Depth 11 ft 11 in (3.53 m)
THE 45Z-1 SHARES THE DURABLE DESIGN PROVEN ON THE LARGER MACHINES IN JCB'S NEXT-GENERATION COMPACT EXCAVATOR RANGE, WITH 100% STEEL BODYWORK AND STURDY FOUR-PLATE DIPPER CONSTRUCTION.
- The dig end uses 100 percent graphite-impregnated bushings, leading to extended 500-hour greasing intervals.
- Revised bucket pin pick-up points allow the machine to work with a number of competitive bucket brands, while optional hydraulic or manual quick hitches can be specified for faster attachment changeover.
- The 45Z-1 compact excavator features a new dig end, with a longer main boom and shorter dipper arm than the previous 8045 ZTS, to provide a dump height of 13 feet 1 inch (4 m), for easier truck and site dumper loading.
- The upgraded hydraulic system also delivers up to 8,542 lb (38 kN) bucket breakout force and dipper breakout of 4,945 lb (22 kN), boosting performance and productivity.
DESIGNED TO SIMPLY GET ON WITH WORKING, THE NEW GENERATION MINIS ARE ALL DESIGNED WITH YOUR PROFITS IN MIND.
- Graphite-impregnated bronze bushes on the dig end allow the JCB 45Z-1 compact excavator to offer best-in-class 500-hour greasing intervals.
- An open frame undercarriage, with sloping track legs, makes cleaning easier.
- Color-coded hydraulic hoses make for easy identification, and the dozer hoses terminate at the bulkhead, making them easy to replace when needed.
- The 45Z-1 is fueled from ground level via a wide-opening steel bonnet and external fuel indicator. An optional refueling pump with auto stop reduces spillages for improved safety.
- The cab floor is easily removed, to inspect or replace the main control valve spools, hydraulic connections and other components.
THE POWERFUL JCB 45Z-1 FEATURES A WIDE TRACK FRAME AND LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY, FOR EXCEPTIONAL STABILITY. COUPLED WITH IMPROVED VISIBILITY OVER EARLIER MODELS, AND NUMEROUS OTHER SAFETY ENHANCEMENTS, THE 45Z-1 PROVIDES EASIER AND SAFE TRENCH DIGGING AND MANOEUVRING CAPABILITIES.
- The JCB Safety Lever Lock fully isolates the hydraulic functions, to prevent unintended movement. Furthermore, the unique JCB 2GO system requires two separate inputs, to ensure the hydraulics can only be operated in a safe lockable position.
- The optional Safe Lift feature, complete with an integral lift overload warning system, is an industry first in this class. Safe Lift incorporates a green-amber-red graphic in the monitor panel, with an audible warning that sounds if the machine approaches overload.
WITH CLASS-LEADING GREASING INTERVALS OF 500 HOURS AND MACHINE DIAGNOSTIC STATUS REPORTS DELIVERED VIA THE NEW, IN-CAB MONITOR, JCB EXCAVATORS STREAMLINE MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS AND REDUCE MACHINE DOWNTIME.
- Fuel consumption is minimized by several smart features. For example, engine speed is automatically reduced when the operator’s armrest is raised. Additionally, a ‘one-touch’ idle feature, and programmable auto-idle, enable dramatic fuel reductions with minimal input necessary from the operator.
- Four power bands—Light, Eco, Heavy, and Heavy Plus—allow the engine speed to be matched to the hydraulic flow requirements for the attachment and application at hand. A patented low-pressure return line circuit further improves fuel efficiency by eliminating the need to for the pump to overcome high pressure on start-up.
- Load-sensing hydraulics are standard-fit equipment on the 45Z-1, limiting the consumption of power by the hydraulic system to when it is needed most.
Most Popular Configuration
- 16-inch rubber tracks
- ISO/SAE controls
- Vinyl suspension seat (high back)
- 4-foot 7-inch dipper
- Standard dozer blade
- Dozer float
- High- and low-flow, double-acting auxiliary hydraulics
- Bushed kingpost
- Thumb-ready dipper