For more than 50 years, JCB excavators have been deployed to construction, agricultural, demolition and quarry applications all over the world. Decades of experience ensures that today’s range of JCB compact excavators is one of the most capable on the market.
The 45Z-1 is a rental-ready, next-generation, zero-tail swing compact excavator powered by a JCB Diesel by Kohler Tier-4-Final engine producing 48 hp (36 kW) and 166 ft lb (225 Nm) of torque. With an operating weight of 9,879 lb (4,481 kg) and a transport weight of 9,605 lb (4,357 kg), the 45Z-1 is one of the largest and most powerful compact excavators that can be towed behind a pick-up truck without need for a commercial driver’s license (subject to local regulations).
- Purpose-built to be the largest rental-ready compact excavator that can be towed without a commercial driver’s license (subject to local regulations)
- No-frills, rental-ready specification for optimal cost and weight savings
- Powerful Tier-4-Final JCB Diesel by Kohler engine that requires no DPF
- Zero tail swing
- Graphite bushes for 500-hour greasing intervals on dig-end pivot points
- 100 percent steel body work
- Variable geometry hitch for diverse attachment compatibility