UNRIVALLED STRENGTH AND DURABILITY
THE LATEST JCB 540-170 CONSTRUCTION LOADALL IS A TELEHANDLER THAT’S DESIGNED TO MEET THE CHALLENGES OF ANY SITE HEAD-ON.
The JCB 540-170 Loadall is a full-sized 4-stage telescopic handler with a huge reach. It’s efficiently powered by JCB’s DIESELMAX engine and it sits on a chassis that’s specially designed to provide the ultimate load-bearing and stability. The side-mounted JCB engine combines with JCB axles and transmission to ensure a reliable drivetrain performance from well-proven components. Then there’s instant steering selection between three modes for easy operation, a tight turn radius and great manoeuvrability.
A 540-170 Loadall is an extremely manoeuvrable telescopic handler; the compact wheelbase, large steering lock angles and three selectable steer modes save you valuable travel time on site.
- JCB’s 74.2kW DIESELMAX motor produces its power and torque at low engine speeds for great responsiveness, and our wide range of Construction Loadall models means you can find the perfect machine for your requirements.
- There’s excellent rearward visibility on a 540-170, courtesy of a low boom profile and low boom pivot.
- Our Vertical Integration Strategy is all about making sure the engine, transmission, hydraulic rams and cab of every new telescopic handler work in perfect harmony. These key components are therefore JCB-designed for optimum performance.
- A parallel lift provides excellent load retention on the 540-170, while good ground clearance, four-wheel-drive and a powershift transmission aid efficiency still further
UNRIVALLED COST OF OWNERSHIP
The 540-170 comes with 4WD as standard, helping you maintain plenty of traction and performance even in soft, muddy areas.
- A JCB 540-170 telescopic handler is a great asset in so many respects, not least financially – huge global demand, plus legendary productivity and superb build quality equals maximum resale value.
- The 540-170 comes with 4WD as standard, helping you maintain plenty of traction and performance even in soft, muddy areas.
- Its parallel lift capability means the 540-170 Loadall offers excellent load retention.
- JCB’s DIESELMAX motor produces high levels of power and torque even at low engine speeds, which means that a JCB Construction Loadall can provide fuel-efficient matching of transmission and hydraulics.
UNRIVALLED SAFETY AT HEIGHT
The JCB 540-170 Loadall has class-leading comfort, not least because of its spacious, safe, side-entry cab. Visibility is also superb and there is a stable door for ventilation.
- On bright days, standard-fit tinted cab glass will reflect 30% of the sun’s energy for enhanced operator comfort.
- An improved rear window seal provides positive closure; this keeps dust and debris out of the 540-170’s cab.
- This telescopic handler has a fully adjustable suspension seat and steering column, mobile phone holder and intelligently placed air vents, to ergonomic controls on the front console.
- Controls on the JCB 540-170 telehandler are intelligently grouped for instinctive use, with hydraulic, transmission and stabiliser controls laid out for quick, safe and precise operation.
UNRIVALLED STRENGTH AND DURABILITY
A JCB 540-170 Loadall is fitted with a tough inverted U-shaped boom pressing with fully welded closing plates. For extra strength we limit the number of joints and stress points across our integrated boom nose and one-piece closing plate.
- The boom on a 540-170 is mounted low in the chassis, providing a rigid structure and maximum over-the-shoulder visibility. Hoses are routed through the boom for maximum protection, while boom overlaps of up to 1.0m ensure ultimate strength and durability.
- JCB 540-170 telehandler engines are tried and tested; we’ve built 200,000 DIESELMAX units since 2004, and fitted them to a variety of machines across different applications and environments.
- There’s a radiator chaff guard and a reversing fan to keep out debris on this JCB Loadall.
- The new 540-170 telescopic handler’s stringent testing programme has included prolonged high stress loading of the chassis, boom and other key components, as well as repeated transmission use over thousands of cycles.
- A one-piece fully welded chassis maximises the strength and minimises the weight of the JCB 540-170.