51R-1 Mini Excavator
51R-1 Mini Excavator
Tracked excavators have been a part of the JCB manufacturing family for over 50 years.
Using all of this experience and insight, our latest mini digger like the new 51R-1 have been developed to exceed even your most exacting demands. Put simply, this is one of the strongest and highest performing mini excavators we've ever built.
It's highly productive, compact, agile, innovative and economical to own. Not only that but it's very safe to operate and easy to service too.
NEW GENERATION PERFORMANCE
The reduced tailswing JCB 51R-1 mini digger is very manoeuvrable even in the most confined spaces because the overhang outside the footprint of the tracks is much less than you'd find on a conventional tailswing model.
- Tracking performance is smooth and precise, ensuring high dozer capabilities and fast travel times. To increase productivity, our auto kickdown motors automatically adapt to changes in terrain, increasing productivity and reducing operator fatigue.
- Your JCB 51R-1 excavator generates huge dipper tearout forces of up to 29kN. What’s more, by perfectly matching our boom and dipper, we’ve created optimal dig end geometry, helping you to work and load in confined areas with ease.
- Bucket rotation is a huge 181˚, offering great spoil retention during truck loading. Choose a dipper length to suit your application – from 1.45-1.82m – providing total versatility.
NEW GENERATION SERVICEABILITY
All dig end and dozer greasing intervals on a JCB 51R-1 mini digger are best-in-class at 500 hours, thanks to graphite impregnated bronze bushes; needless to say, this saves you time and money.
- An open frame undercarriage with sloping track legs makes cleaning easier.
- There are no plastic external body panels on the JCB 51R-1; instead there's 100% high strength pressed steel bodywork.
- Colour-coded hydraulic hoses makes for easy identification, while dozer hoses are simple to replace because they terminate at the bulkhead.
NEW GENERATION EFFICIENCY
Because damage sometimes happens on sites, we use flat glass windows throughout the JCB 51R-1 mini digger, as well as 100% steel bodywork, minimising possible replacement costs.
- With our class-leading greasing intervals of 500 hours, you can expect minimal downtime. Better still, our new monitor provides alerts on your excavator’s diagnostic status.
- Engine revs reduce when the operator’s armrest is raised, improving fuel economy and noise levels. There’s a One-Touch Idle feature that conserves fuel too. Programmable auto idle, meanwhile, can be activated when the controls have been inactive for a period.
- Control your 51R-1 mini’s engine speed for different hydraulic flows by simply cycling through four different power bands: Light, Eco, Heavy and Heavy Plus. This means you can tailor performance to any application.
NEW GENERATION CONTROL
The JCB 51R-1 mini digger has an even more spacious cab than before, with storage galore, a phone tray, stowage net and a cup holder. The whole area is accessed easily and safely via a large door.
- Our new deluxe fully adjustable suspension seating provides great comfort for excavator operators; our heated air suspension option, meanwhile, has independent adjustable positions for the ultimate in ergonomics.
- There’s a radio, 12V phone charger and powerful heater with window de-mister. A high performing air conditioning system* with 8 vents completes the picture.
- JCB mini excavators boast an innovative new rotary controller and easy touch switches have been specially designed for easy operation. With ergonomic electro-hydraulic dozer control as standard, operators can achieve smooth and precise grading control.
- You can alternate quickly between single and double-acting auxiliary flow thanks to a convenient switch in the cab.