S4550E ELECTRIC SCISSOR
S4550E ELECTRIC SCISSOR
The JCB S4550E is the largest machine in the Electric Scissor range with a 12.5m platform height. It is an exceptional machine from JCB that has been made in India to provide unmatched safety even at maximum height.
It also enables operators to work confidently, safely, and comfortably every time they are on the job. Moreover, its compact design makes it easy to manoeuvre between different worksites.
- 13.8m maximum platform height.
- 227kg platform capacity.
- Roller-supported deck extension for effortless extension even at heights.
- Unique gate handle for easy and safe access.
- Power to the platform as standard.
- Easily collapsible guard rails.
- Platform Height 13.8m
- Platform Capacity 227kg
- Platform Size 2.64 x 1.15 x 1.1 m
The emergency descent and brake release handles are both located at the back of the machine for easy accessibility in tight spaces during an emergency.
- The safety systems on our machines are up to date with the latest industry standards.
- The pothole protection system is a key element of the safety system, activating only when the machine is fully deployed. Our design is strong and protected to ensure continuous operation.
- As the basket lowers, the operator is reminded to check their surroundings for a safety stop and a 3-second delay before fully closing the scissor pack.
- A high-grip step design provides a secure grip for safe entry and exit.
REMARKABLE PRODUCTIVITY AND PERFORMANCE
Control cradle design allows use on all sides of the basket and enables easy operation from both in the basket and on the ground.
- A waterproof cover on the power to platform outlet protects the socket, ensuring it is ready to use.
- Easy-to-use spring clips allow the platform rails to fold down for manoeuvring in confined spaces.
- The controls can be hooked onto any side of the machine or held left or right-handed for effortless operation.
- Easy to view charge level indicator keeps you informed of battery status.
ACCESS HEIGHTS WITH EASE
The ergonomically designed door handle makes for easier and safer entry, even with gloved hands.
- The platform outlet in the basket makes connecting power tools easy.
- The scissor slide block fully encapsulates the scissor pin allowing smoother operation and increased durability.
- The roller design for the extension deck requires minimal effort to extend or retract and the foot pedal allows easy use of deck extension whilst at height.
- The winch point on the front of the chassis supports easier loading and unloading.
- Controller cradle design allows for off-machine operation, ideal for manoeuvring through confined areas.
- A large handle on the battery isolator means it can be operated whilst wearing gloves.
UNMATCHED RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY
- The full pivot boss design on the scissor pack provides proven stability and durability based on our engineering experience with other JCB machines.
- Again, using our experience on other equipment, we have included motor protection plates to protect these high-cost components from collision damage.
- The scissor sliding pivots are fully encapsulated in a large nylon block for added stability.
- An automotive-style foot pedal to release the extension deck provides intuitive and ergonomic operation.
- Unique to JCB, our battery and hydraulic door wear pads ensure the weight is supported whilst closed, preventing the doors from dropping over time.