The latest addition to our highly acclaimed X Series
Our engineering teams have once again produced a new world-class excavator. An excavator that boasts a reduced slewing radius, without any compromise on cab space or performance. The result is another machine in the X SERIES to be taken seriously.
The 245XR has reduced tailswing which maximises its potential to perform safely in tight and congested environments such as modern highways and housing developments.
- The 245XR tracked excavator has a tailswing radius of 1.72m, 40% less than the 220X, allowing it to work safely against buildings and road barriers.
- The short front swing and reduced tailswing give a working radius reduction of 1.6m, compared to the 220X.
- It can work in a smaller area than the 220X, providing great comfort and power in a compact footprint.
Despite having reduced tailswing, the 245XR features the JCB commandplus cab, one of the biggest, most comfortable and easy-to-operate cabs on the market.
- Customer-led control layout, with operator feedback contributing to the design.
- Double cushion viscous mounts reduce vibration and cab noise to 69dB(A).
- Seat-mounted joystick and switch controls move with the operator.
- Bluetooth radio is fully integrated into the control screen.
It's taken 4 years of hydraulic, electronic and electrical development to build you a machine that doesn't just look strong, it is strong.
- Our DIESELMAX engines are proven in 70 different machines globally.
- Machine shaker rig testing replicated 15,000 hours of tracking and vibration.
- 30,000 window and door operation tests prove component quality.
- Hot and cold climate testing (55°C to -30°C) in locations around the world.
EXTRAORDINARY ATTENTION TO DETAIL
The 245XR reduced tail swing excavator utilises state-of-the-art automotive-style production facilities to bring you not just great excavators, but exceptional ones.
- The whole design is optimised to protect the machine; side bay doors are set back from the counterweight face and the right hand platform corner sits within the slew radius to prevent damage and scratching.
- New recessed counterweight design protects the rear end from impact damage.
- 1,232 validation checks are performed to replicate real-life applications.
- Robot welding of dig end and undercarriage ensures quality and accuracy.
Proven Japanese components deliver precise, efficient control, while customisable electro-proportional controls allow operators to set their preference of speed and control of attachments.
- A power boost button increases pressure to provide extra tearout.
The 245XR hydraulic excavator features the latest generation valve block for greater efficiency and productivity, whilst delivering class-leading control.
- Factory fitted HBCVs makes the machine ready for lifting operations.
- Optional bucket HBCVs are available for fork use.